A trust is commonly used to help minimise tax payments, control your assets, protect your legacy and look after your loved ones.
There are many different types of trusts, but the general principle is that through the creation of a trust, the trustees look after assets on behalf of beneficiaries.
At Linder Myers our Trusts & Estates department can help arrange your trust in a manner that best suits you and your wishes.
Through a trust you can:
- Protect any compensation payouts
- To make a gift of your family home
- Ensure your heirs have timely access to your estate
- Administer your estate privately (rather than through probate which becomes a matter of public record)
- Specify the terms of the trust. Controlling when and to whom assets should be distributed. This can be particularly useful where there are complex family situations such as children from multiple marriages
- Help protect your assets from your beneficiaries creditors
- Protect death benefits from being considered part of your estate for tax purposes
- Choose your trustees
- Protect vulnerable or disabled beneficiaries
- Protect and build your legacy
If you’d like to find out more about how we can help you set up a trust that best meets your unique needs, please contact us today.