Disabled people are protected against discrimination in the workplace. If you believe that you have been treated unfavourably or placed at a disadvantage for reasons connected with your disability by your employer or potential employer, our dedicated team of specialist employment solicitors can provide you with clear advice and represent you in court if required.
Having achieved significant amounts of compensation on behalf of employees who have pursued claims arising out of disability discrimination, our dedicated team of specialist employment solicitors can advise on your legal rights, your options, and whether or not you have case for a legal claim.
Where you have a claim we can help by assisting you with dealings with your employers, negotiating the resolution of issues or, if necessary, bringing a claim to an Employment Tribunal.
We ensure that proper consideration is given to issues that will impact the outcome of your claim, including the fact that employers must not:
- Treat a job applicant or employee less favourably than others because of a disability.
- Discriminate against a person because of a connection with someone else who is disabled.
- Treat an employee unfavourably for a reason connected with a disability.
- Have a policy or requirement that places disabled people at a disadvantage unless it can be justified.
- Subject a disabled employee to harassment.
- Victimise a disabled employee because they have made or intend to make a complaint of disability discrimination.
- Ask job applicant’s pre-employment health questions unless for prescribed reasons.
- Fail to comply with its duty to make reasonable adjustments where a disabled applicant or employee is placed at a substantial disadvantage.
To find out more about how we can help you, contact us today.