Commercial litigation can be a stressful, process. The last thing you need therefore, is any additional worry about costs.
Businesses often fear that, as soon as they instruct a solicitor, costs will spiral out of control and that they will be left with a bill they can’t afford.
Too often commercial cases become more about attempting to recover any costs incurred, rather than trying to sort out the original dispute.
With many solicitors undoubtedly poor at keeping clients up to date in relation to costs, and the terminology used by the legal profession often confusing and off-putting, at Linder Myers, we prefer a different approach.
Why choose Linder Myers?
At Linder Myers, we appreciate that litigation can be an expensive process. From the outset, we will discuss the various funding options that may be available, and help you choose which one is right for you.
Our aim is to provide you with clear and transparent advice about our costs; making sure there are no surprises, and that we deliver our services on time and within our agreed budget.
Where appropriate we can advise you on the full range of funding options for litigation, including:
- Private retainer, where you pay the costs and disbursements (payments made by us to help your case) incurred on a regular monthly basis within a pre-agreed budget
- Full or partial no win no fee agreements (often referred to as conditional fee agreements or CFAs), where you receive a discount on your fees as the case progresses but agree to pay us an additional fee in the event of a successful outcome
- Damage Based Agreements (also known as DBAs), where we are entitled to take an agreed fixed percentage of the proceeds of any litigation
- Legal Expenses Insurance, where a third party underwrites the costs of the litigation in return for a non-refundable premium
- Third party funding, where a third party funder agrees to fund the cost of the litigation, normally in return for an agreed percentage (typically between 30% and 50%) of the damages recovered
Controlling budgets and reducing legal spend has become increasingly important for law firms and in-house legal teams. At Linder Myers we also provide a wide range of cost management services to help legal professionals maximise all areas of costs recovery.
Contact us today to find out more about how we can help you.