Our Commercial Litigation team is skilled in handling banking and guarantee disputes, striving to reach the most efficient and cost-effective service for all our clients.
Historically banks often accepted guarantees from third parties as reassurance when lending. In these difficult economic times many people are finding that banks are pressing them to sign guarantees or pay the debts of third parties because of such guarantees.
At Linder Myers we have considerable experience in advising parties under liabilities and guarantee, including the following issues:
- Is the agreement clear as to its terms and signed
- Was there undue influence when it was signed
- Are any defences available to the principal debtor alone or to the guarantor
- Advice to the value of the claim being brought by the bank
- Advice as to whether other parties may also have some liability
Contact us today to find out more about how we can help you.Contact us