Sarah is a Principal Lawyer in the Family and Trusts & Estates department in our Lancashire office. She joined the firm in June 2012.
Her areas of specialism include:
- divorce and matrimonial finance
- disputes relating to children
- inheritance claims
- collaborative family law
- pre and post nuptial agreements
- separation agreements
- civil partnerships
- administration of estates
Recent cases Sarah has worked on include:
- acting for a client with millions of pounds worth of assets whose wife was claiming 50% in a divorce settlement
- working for a client with marital assets overseas and a complex offshore pension scheme
- a case involving a pre-marital agreement which was prepared pre the Radmacher case. The client’s marriage broke down years after and Sarah made an application to the Court for notice to show cause as to why the wife should not be bound by the agreement. The application was successful and the pre-marital agreement was upheld.
Year admitted: 2000
Education: Lancaster University and the College of Law, Chester
Employment: Sarah joined another law firm in 1998, qualifying as a solicitor in 2000. She became a Partner in 2007 and was made head of the family department in 2011. In 2012 she joined Linder Myers.
Memberships: Sarah is a member of Resolution and a secretary for Lancashire and Cumbria Resolution committee. She is a trained collaborative lawyer.
To sum up her approach to work, Sarah says “when appropriate, and particularly when there are children to consider, the Collaborative approach can provide a forum for both parties to raise points, have discussion and reach a financial agreement enabling them to move forward and continue to co-parent their children despite their separation”.
Sarah lives in Blackburn with her husband and son. She enjoys reading and spending time with her family.
Kind words and warm applause
“Service was first class from the desk through to Sarah.” - Mr Andrew Smallshaw
“Fast, efficient and reliable service from Sarah.”
“Thank you for excellent service.” - Mr and Mrs Skyrme
"Found your firm most helpful and my mind was so easily set at rest - Thank you." - Mrs M Braddock
"Very satisfied; Always pleasant and helpful" Mr E Page
"Very satisfied with the service I received so if asked, I would recommend" Mrs Thompson
"You are a caring, professional business and are in my opinion highly customer focused; how can you improve on excellent, You always give 100%." Mr P Barton
"I would recommend anyone for the need of your legal services, assistance and advice.." Mr McDonnell
"I found Sarah McCarthy very professional and very helpful in all my needs." Caroline Lake
"Sarah was recommended to me which is why I came to Linder Myers. I would recommend Sarah McCarthy without hesitation, she is an asset to your company. Excellent level of Service. Sarah reassured me and exceeded my expectations. Thank you Sarah." Lisa Riding
“Linder Myers is well-regarded for matrimonial matters, with both Colin Davies and Sarah McCarthy recommended. (Legal 500 2014)