Eleanor is a solicitor specialising in Wills and probate disputes.
Eleanor qualified as a solicitor in 2014 and joined Linder Myers in July 2015 . She studied at the University of Nottingham before completing the Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course at Manchester Metropolitan University.
Eleanor is working towards becoming an associate member of the Association of Contentious Trusts and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS) and has completed the first year of the course.
Eleanor specialises in claims challenging or defending the validity of a Will and acts on behalf of claimants and defendants in relation to claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975. Eleanor works with clients to resolve disputes quickly and as cost effectively as possible.
Recent examples of Eleanor’s work include:
• Acting on behalf of adult children in defending a claim against their mother’s estate made by their stepfather
• Defending an estate against a claim by the deceased’s widow when the deceased’s will left the estate to his long term partner and cohabitee.
• Acting for executors when a complex dispute has arisen between the beneficiaries
• Acting for a beneficiary to defend a claim by the deceased’s estranged niece that the deceased’s will is invalid.
• Successfully negotiating settlement of a complex claim under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 through formal mediation
• Acting for an executor who had administered an estate incorrectly and was facing a claim from the beneficiaries