David joined the firm in December 2011 when his previous firm, Rowlands Field Cunningham, was acquired by Linder Myers.
He specialises in Commercial property development and property secured lending.
David has worked with a number of big clients on high profile cases including the ones below:
- Acting for lenders on secured property lending, including RBS, Anglo Irish Bank, Handelsbanken, Investec, Lancashire Mortgage Corporation, with former clients including Singer and Friedlander, Hill Samuel Bank, Westpac, Royal Trust Bank of Canada and the Cooperative Bank.
- He undertakes the lead advisory role on legal work in major development schemes, such as the mixed use scheme on the Hale Village Development in Tottenham. With over 1200 residential units, a hotel, office buildings and retail this is one of the largest on-going residential developments in North London.
- Acting for residential developers, including Barratt’s, Beck Developments, Linden Homes, Arley Homes, Crosby Homes, Hurstwood Group and other smaller local developers.
- Conducting of planning appeals and advocacy, both during his private practice and in-house roles. When principal Solicitor at Warrington Borough Council, David was Solicitor to the planning committee and provided a significant amount of planning advice to the council. This Knowledge and background is invaluable when acting for clients in the residential and commercial development sector as he can bring the local authority’s perspective when dealing with planning issues.
Year Admitted? 1971
Education: Altrincham Grammar School for Boys, Colwyn Bay Grammar School and Leeds University.
Employment: David worked for a number of different Solicitors including:
- 1968-1971 Articled to the Town Clerk of Warrington
- 1971-1972 Assistant then Principal Assistant Solicitor for Warrington Borough Council
- 1972-1979 Group Solicitor at Christian Salvesen Properties Limited
- 1979-1995 Partner at Halliwell Landau
- 1995-2010 Partner then Senior Partner at Field Cunningham.
- 2010-2011 Partner at Rowland’s Field Cunningham
- 2011 joined Linder Myers.
Memberships: Law Society and Manchester Law Society