At Linder Myers our specialist occupational disease solicitors have extensive experience of successfully and sensitively securing compensation for victims of asbestosis.
Asbestosis inflammation results in scar tissue (or fibrosis) building up in the lungs, leading to breathing difficulties, a tight chest, a dry cough and abnormal chest sounds.
With no known cure, asbestosis has a serious impact on life expectancy. If you or a family member has been exposed to asbestos and have developed asbestosis, we can help. Where appropriate we also act on behalf of relatives and dependents of people who have died as a result of exposure to asbestos.
On appointment our experienced solicitors will gather evidence, investigate, and purse your claim to secure asbestosis compensation for you and your family.
We have experience in:
- Asbestosis claims against employers/former employers and their insurers
- Asbestosis claims against companies who supplied asbestos
- Asbestosis claims against companies who owned and operated factories using asbestos
- Asbestosis claims on behalf of individuals exposed to factories which contained asbestos while living or working nearby
- Asbestosis claims against companies which are no longer trading
Compensation for asbestosis
Typically diagnosed 30 or more years after exposure, if you have been exposed to asbestos but not developed asbestosis we recommend you take action.
- Report the incident to your employer and your union if you are a member of one.
- Speak to your GP to make sure your exposure is noted in your medical records.
- Seek legal advice. If you are unsure about anything, we can record your details so that if a disease arises in future we are well placed to claim compensation on your behalf.
With strict time limits imposed on recovering occupational disease compensation it’s important to act soon. Contact our Occupational Disease department today to find out more about how we can help you.
You can speak to a member of our team on 0161 835 8832. Alternatively, please email a summary of your potential claim and contact details to email@example.com