At Linder Myers we have a nationally recognised team who can provide expert legal advice and support.
We are trusted by clinical negligence and PI solicitors to act as Professional Deputy for brain injured clients in receipt of large personal injury and clinical negligence settlements. Our ability to manage all aspects of Court of Protection and deliver a unique and highly personable approach to our vulnerable client base is relied on by many.
We have a strong litigation focus, helping other solicitors or law firms with the following:
- Assisting and working alongside external litigators during personal injury and clinical negligence claims with issues relating to capacity and Court of Protection costs. We have expertise in ensuring that the costs of a professional Deputy are accurately included as part of the claim. The cost of a professional Deputy to manage funds for a lifetime can be considerable and can significantly increase the value of the claim. We work with litigators as soon as the issue of capacity is considered to maximise their recovery. We can then manage interim payments and set up therapies through the Deputyship working with the family whilst the case is still in litigation and then continue to act as Deputy seamlessly post settlement.
- Acting as Deputy or Trustee for clients during litigation and claims to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority and managing compensation awards for brain injured adults and children. It is a well established principle that the Courts favour a professional Deputy in cases of complexity or high value.
- Acting as experts for Claimants and Defendants regarding Deputyship or Trustee costs, providing witness evidence and schedules of costs and acting as a witness for the Deputyship or trust claims, as well as acting as litigation friend. We are experienced in providing detailed expert witness statements and are used to providing accurate estimates of the likely costs of Deputyship services given our long standing experience of acting in this area
Why use Linder Myers?
- We sit on the panel of Professional Deputies, being one of only 14 acknowledged Court of Protection Professional Deputies across the North of England and one of only four in Manchester. The Public Guardian often asks us to act as Deputy in relation to difficult cases or where matters have gone wrong.
- We are ranked in UK Chambers 2017 as a top firm for Court of Protection, with a top-rated Head of Division and Deputy. We have worked on a number of high profile and reported cases.
- We have a dedicated and expert team which includes members of STEP (the Society for Trust and Estate Practitioners), SFE (Solicitors for the Elderly) and founding members of COPPA (Court of Protection Practitioners Association).
- We have a track record of expertise in this area, managing a variety of different estates and assets of around 100 Deputy clients, with Professional Deputy experience of over 23 years.
- We are experienced in dealing with the complex issues surrounding birth and acquired brain injuries, learning difficulties and age related degenerative conditions.
- We work holistically with our clients, their families and offer a genuine personal approach.
- Distance is not an issue as we work across four locations and are happy to make home visits.
- We are committed to delivering the best service whilst offering competitive and reasonable legal costs and deferred payment.
For friendly advice and guidance, contact our Court of Protection team on 0800 042 0700 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgMeet the Court of Protection team