Our property litigation team provides practical and cost effective advice and assistance for both business and residential landlords and tenants, property managers and managing agents, developers housing associations and individual property owners.
We always aim to explore alternate dispute resolution methods such as without prejudice negotiations and meetings, mediation and arbitration.
Where a dispute cannot be avoided, we act on your behalf in bringing court proceedings to progress your case to resolution. Our focus is always on obtaining the right outcome for you with the minimum expense and disruption.
We advise on a wide range of property issues, including:
- Services for Landlords, including
- Dealing with problem Tenants and disputes,
- Residential and commercial property possessions
- Service charge recovery
- Housing disrepair
- Breach of covenant and contested Rent Reviews.
- Services for Tenants, including how to deal with problem Landlords
- Advising both Landlords and Tenants on
- Renewing and ending business leases
- Lease Assignments, sub letting and change of use
- Leasehold Enfranchisement
- Agricultural Land
- Neighbour Disputes including
- Party wall disputes
- Boundary disputes,
- Adverse possession
- Access to neighbouring land
- Rights of way and trespass claims
- Planning disputes
Typical disputes include:
- Unpaid invoices for goods/services supplied
- Defective works requiring remedial action or having caused a financial loss
- Delay and extensions of time
- Goods and services provided by sub-contractors or other suppliers
- Contractual terms, including penalty clauses
- Professional negligence of agents
- Possession orders
We act on a range of disputes from smaller projects such as extensions to large scale construction and redevelopment works.Contact us