Created to promote the proper use of licensed premises, the sale of alcohol and the consumption of hot food, entertainment and other activities between certain hours are controlled by the 2003 Licensing Act.
Failure to comply is a criminal offence punishable by imprisonment or a hefty fine.
At Linder Myers our solicitors have considerable experience avoiding the pitfalls that can often be associated with licensing applications and can support you with a variety of licensing issues including:
- The content of the application
- The layout of the plan with the application
- The likely permissible hours and activities
- Dealing with objections
- Negotiating with the licensing officers
- Advertising the application
- Representing you before the Licensing Committee
- Representing you in the appeal process thereafter
Working closely with our clients throughout the application process, and if possible consult the relevant Local Authority licensing officers prior to submission, we strive to prevent any difficulties when the application is formally submitted and increase the chances of a positive outcome.
Contact our Commercial Litigation department today to find out more about how we can help you.Contact us