With a wealth of experience in this area, at Linder Myers we have helped our clients deal with a broad range of consumer credit issues.
We have considerable experience advising lenders on the implications of both the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and the provisions of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. In particular we have provided advice on issues of enforceability where there have been procedural irregularities, and on compliance and regulatory issues involving the Financial Conduct Authority.
We can also help with:
- The form and content of any agreements
- The mechanism by which any agreements came into existence
- Enforceability issue and failure to comply with the information requirements of the agreement
- Applications under S140 CCA 1974 alleging ‘unfair relationship’
- The consequences of non-service arrears notices and default notices
- Applications for permission to enforce and time orders
- The likely amount of recovery
We can also advise lenders on regulatory and compliance issues, including FCA conduct principles 6 and 7 relating to treating customers fairly.
Contact us today to find out more about how we can help you.