At Linder Myers Solicitors, our experienced corporate restructuring team provides pragmatic, commercial solutions to help build a platform for recovery.
Financial problems can arise in all walks of life, at any time. In most circumstances, you will need to make life changing decisions quickly and decisively to protect your own position, that of your business, your employees and your family.
For individuals, companies, directors and creditors facing such difficulties, access to pragmatic and robust professional support is essential to minimising the impact of financial distress.
The sooner advice is sought, the more options you will have and the more control you can exercise over the process and the future.
How we can help you:
- For directors. We provide advice on how to avoid incurring personal liability for your business debts and director disqualification proceedings. We can also advise on how to protect your personal investments in the company and your status as a potential creditor, including your position in relation to unpaid director’s loans.
- For businesses. We can help advise on whether the company can continue trading in one form or another; examining all the available options, such as whether a buyer should be sought for part or all of the business. In addition, we can help manage and deal with primary stakeholders, such as shareholders, employees and creditors including HMRC, landlords, and your bank.
- For creditors. Our experienced team provides pragmatic advice to creditors anxious to protect their position when dealing with both individuals and businesses in financial difficulty. Helping businesses and lenders who wish to reach an agreement, where possible we enable companies to continue trading via a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA) while protecting the interests of creditors.
- For sole traders. We work with sole traders to help establish debt management plans or formal Individual Voluntary Arrangements (IVA) with creditors. Helping to protect individuals and their families, we also provide advice on how to avoid claims of wrongful trading and prevent transactions being challenged at a later date. Find out more about our personal insolvency services here.
With an efficient, effective and sensitive commercial approach at Linder Myers, we provide advice on:
- All aspects of business restructuring, debt management and cash flow improvement including workouts for banks and other lenders
- Corporate restructuring and business turnaround packages including the sale of business assets
- Individual and company voluntary arrangements
- Bankruptcy, compulsory and voluntary liquidations, receiverships and administrations
- Prosecuting and opposing bankruptcy and winding up petitions, bankruptcy annulment and validation applications
- Director disqualification proceedings and misfeasance claims
- Acting against office holders (liquidators, administrators, receivers and trustees in bankruptcy)
- Advice on preference payment claims, transactions at undervalue, assignments, retention of title and applications for possession and sale of insolvency assets
- Asset recovery and protection including assisting creditors to ensure that maximum recoveries are made
Contact us today to find out more about how we can help you.Contact us