Buying a new build property
There are many issues which need to be checked when purchasing a new build property. It is essential therefore to appoint a lawyer to check any contracts or legal documentation to ensure nothing affects your enjoyment and proposed use of the property.
The purchase of a new build property is a completely different experience to dealing with the conveyancing of an existing property and our dedicated team of specialist lawyers are experienced and familiar with the procedure and legal documentation associated with new builds.
Primarily, we are able to ensure that any transactions proceed quickly, through our case management system and internet based case tracking systems, so that any reservation deadlines set by the builders are met.
Some of the matters which need to be considered when buying such a property include:
- Whether planning permission has been granted and planning conditions have been complied with
- Whether proper building consent has been granted by the Council
- That a structural guarantee is offered with the purchase of the property
- That the builder is registered with the NHBC and will enter into a 10 year guarantee
- That there is a binding legal agreement in place that the Local Authority will take responsibility for the new roads around the property
- That the Water Authority will assume responsibility for all sewers and drains
- That a detailed description of the new property is contained in the contract
- That all relevant easements are in place
- That the contract allows for you to go on to adjoining property to maintain and repair pipes, sewers, walls etc