Types of claims
Types of head injuries can vary greatly from bruising and minor lacerations, to concussion and more serious injuries such as skull and brain injuries.
Each year one million people visit Accident & Emergency departments in the UK with head injuries and approximately 500,000 people across the country currently live with disabilities resulting from a brain injury.
While even fairly minor injuries can result in lasting symptoms such as vision impairment, dizzy spells and headaches, more serious injuries can be life changing and can even result in death.
Types of brain injury include:
- Closed head injury (impact without breaking the skull)
- Penetrating head injury (fractured skull and brain tissue penetrated)
- Diffuse brain injury (where the brain has been moved back and forth within the skull and when the head is shaken)
- Brain contusion (bruised/swollen brain tissue when the skull cracks or breaks)
- Haematoma (bleeding around the brain)
- Epidural haematoma (bleeding between the skull and outer layer of the brain)
- Subdural haematoma (where blood collects between the outer and inner layers of the brain)
- Intracerebral haematoma (bleeding directly into the brain tissue)
- Brain tumours
- Hypoxic/anoxic injury (from heart attack, suicide attempts, near-drowning, electrocution, drug overdose and exposure to toxic substances)
Brain and head injuries can be caused by a number of different accidents including road accidents, accidents at work and slips and trips.
If you have suffered a brain or head injury as a result of an accident which was not your fault, you may be able to make a compensation claim.
A range of funding options are available to help you pursue your claim, including no-win no-fee arrangements, designed to help you pursue your case without risk or cost.
Our personal injury lawyers will always advise what is best for you, contact a member of our team on 0161 832 6972 or email a summary of your claim, with your contact details, to email@example.com.
Contact us today to find out more about how we can help you.